Wednesday 16 April 2014

Author profile: Rainbow Rowell

This woman is not only one of my all time favourite authors but also favourite people. If you haven't already, check out her books, then her twitter/tumblr. She's so lovely and talented.

I first read "Eleanor and Park" because John Green recommended it, and I would recommend it for anyone who is or was a teenager. It's probably in the "Young Adult" genre but I really would recommend it to anyone. It's got so much heart and the characters are just so flawed and beautiful at the same time.I also read "Attachments" which is beautiful and lovely and gave me a warm feeling in my stomach. Rowell's latest book is "Fangirl" which I only read a few weeks ago and adored. It explores the world of fandom and fanfic and a young girl who goes away to college and has to find herself.

All of Rainbow's books are just so relatable and have so much heart behind them. I never see many people talking about her, especially in the UK and I don't know why because she's perfect and I know you'll love her books!

Apparently the film rights to "Eleanor and Park" have just been picked up so I'm sure you'll want to be reading it soon! 

Also how cool is her name?! Just looking at her books on my bookshelf makes me smile because of the lovely joyfulness that is radiated from "Rainbow". 

Also her book covers are all so beautiful.

I'm going to stop here before this turns into a document that Rainbow Rowell uses in court to get a restraining order. I just love her and her books so so much. 

I'm just going to leave these here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment